This week, Carbon Black launched Cb ThreatSight, a brand new managed threat hunting service staffed by world-class threat experts who keep watch over customer environments 24×7.
As part of the new service, Carbon Black’s internal Cb ThreatSight team performs round-the-clock threat validation, provides context into root cause during investigations, and acts as an early warning system for emerging threats by proactively identifying trends across millions of endpoints and sending out threat advisories to alert customers before their organization is ever impacted by the threat.
Driven By Market Demand
Throughout our history, Carbon Black has been focused on creating the best endpoint security solutions in the market – and we continue to maintain that focus as we continue to build upon the Cb Predictive Security Cloud at a rapid pace.
However, the market is constantly evolving, and it is now more important than ever that security vendors leverage the expertise within their own organizations to provide basic managed services around their software. Gartner has even updated its definition of Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP) to specifically call out the increased need for “human-driven managed services such as managed threat hunting.”
All of this demand in the market stems from a handful of trends and factors that are becoming more prevalent across the industry:
- Enterprises face a shortage of skilled security professionals.
- Security teams are often forced to spend too much time monitoring and validating alerts, limiting the time available to perform true security analysis.
- When prevalent outbreaks occur, security teams’ investigations are often limited by the scope of resources and data available in their own environment.
- During active investigations, it’s difficult to craft an effective remediation plan before the full scope of the event is confidently identified.
All of these factors played a role in our decision to launch Cb ThreatSight. As with every other decision we make at Carbon Black, our primary objective was to provide better security for our customers. To ensure that we meet that objective, we are taking a unique approach and including our world-class partner ecosystem as part of the advanced tier of Cb ThreatSight.
Leveraging Our Partner Expertise
The Cb ThreatSight team is the newest addition to our Threat Analysis Unit and is dedicated full-time to validating, investigating, and uncovering threats across our customer environments.
Moreover, Carbon Black has developed an incredible partner ecosystem, made up of the best MSSP and incident response service providers in the world.
Because of this unique situation, we made the strategic decision to include those partners as the advanced tier of our new Cb ThreatSight service.
Where other security vendors have attempted to roll out their own “advanced” security services to compete with MSSP and IR providers, we wanted to create a service that served the best interest of both our customers and our partners.
- For Customers: Cb ThreatSight’s standard tier provides a 24×7 eyes-on-glass service and a team of experts working in the background alongside their team to analyze, validate, and prioritize threats in their environment. When advanced services are required, we will connect them with the best MSSP and IR partners on the planet and facilitate information sharing.
- For Partners: Cb ThreatSight demonstrates to customers the value of a managed service and drives demand for a wide range of partner advanced services. When the need arises, customers can feel confident in a set of partners delivering advanced services on top of their licensed Carbon Black products.
As we continue to roll out and scale Cb ThreatSight, we will maintain our commitment to doing what is best for both our customers and our partners.
To learn more about the offering, click here.