Bit9 + Carbon Black Adds Major Capability Enhancements to its Next-Generation Endpoint Threat Protection Platform
Apr 15, 2015
Industry’s most open and extensible endpoint security now includes integration with Microsoft endpoint security tools; comprehensive threat intelligence; and immediate endpoint threat banning
WALTHAM, Mass.—April 15, 2015—Bit9® + Carbon Black®, the leader in endpoint threat prevention, detection and response, today announced major capability enhancements to its next-generation endpoint threat protection platform. The new release of the Bit9 Security Platform, Carbon Black, and the Bit9 + Carbon Black Threat Intelligence Cloud delivers:
- Integrations with Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection (SCEP) and the Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET) so organizations can drive faster investigations based on SCEP antivirus alerts and EMET blocked exploitation events. Bit9 + Carbon Black is the only next-generation endpoint security solution to integrate with Microsoft’s endpoint security tools. Together, these integrations make it possible for organizations to stop paying for AV, leverage exploit mitigation technology at no cost, and invest their budget savings in next-generation advanced endpoint security solutions.
- The most open and extensible endpoint security platform, through new APIs and integrations that enable security teams to easily integrate Bit9 + Carbon Black’s leading next-generation endpoint security solution with their entire security stack to create an integrated, holistic defense, through:
- Improved Integration with Splunk, which enables customers who use Splunk’s leading data visualization capabilities for security operations to also leverage pivot tables to derive new insights from their environment and identify possible policy optimizations for simpler and improved administration.
- Integrations with Cyphort, Damballa, Fidelis Cybersecurity and Lastline, which reduce the operational effort of managing network and endpoint security and accelerate incident response times by providing more actionable intelligence and greater contextual understanding.
- RESTful Open APIs, which empower IT and security professionals to “push out” and “pull in” Bit9 + Carbon Black’s endpoint data and complete feature set to third-party or homegrown security products, such as SIEMs, analytics tools, detonation services, AV solutions, operations tools, real-time threat intelligence, and more.These new APIs and integrations enable security teams to easily integrate Bit9 + Carbon Black’s leading next-generation endpoint security solution with their entire security stack to create an integrated, holistic defense.
- Comprehensive threat intelligence through a major update to the Bit9 + Carbon Black Threat Intelligence Cloud that delivers:
- Attack classification through integration with Damballa’s leading threat intelligence on malicious destinations, advanced threat actor groups and command-and-control communications for unmatched network-to-endpoint attack classification.
- Network domain reputation information to help security teams identify network traffic to or from malicious Web sources. This complements Bit9 + Carbon Black’s leading software reputation information.
- Geolocation lookup of inbound and outbound network connections, so security professionals can identify the geographic location of attack sources.
- Advanced Threat Indicators that use icon matching to identify spear-phishing campaigns that deceive end users by masking malicious activities under the appearance of trusted applications.
- The fastest threat response and recovery, which includes endpoint threat banning for instant attack disruption and containment. This enables responders to instantly stop, contain and disrupt advanced threats as well as block the future execution of similar attacks. It also enables responders to recover from advanced threats faster than any other endpoint threat detection and response solution on the market.
- Community-driven knowledge sharing powered by a new rule-sharing feature integrated with the Bit9 + Carbon Black eXchange online community that enables enterprise security teams to access a library of best-practices policies and API integration modules and share their own custom detection and prevention rules.
What’s New in Carbon Black 5.1:
- Custom endpoint threat banning
- Integration with Microsoft EMET
- Integration with Cyphort
What’s New in the Bit9 Security Platform 7.2.1:
- Community threat and policy sharing
- RESTful open APIs
- Integration with the Lastline Breach Detection Platform
- Simplified management and administration
- New system health dashboards
- New import/export rules
- Improved administrator experience
What’s New in the Threat Intelligence Cloud:
- Integration with Damballa
- Domain reputation
- Icon matching
Bit9 + Carbon Black Executive Quote: Eric Schurr, chief marketing officer:
“Security professionals have realized that the network is not the target; advanced attackers are after an organization’s endpoints and servers, where all of their critical information resides. That’s why 2015 has become the ‘year of the endpoint’ and security teams are scrambling to arm their endpoints with a new generation of endpoint security to complement or replace their traditional endpoint security tools. With the new releases of the Bit9 Security Platform, Carbon Black and the Threat Intelligence Cloud, we are again delivering on our promise to provide our customers with the most advanced, open and extensible next-generation endpoint security solution. Through integrations with Microsoft’s endpoint security tools that enable organizations to shift their AV spending to next-gen endpoint security solutions, threat intelligence sharing, and the fastest threat response and recovery, Bit9 + Carbon Black continues set the standard for endpoint threat prevention, detection and response.”
The new versions of the products are targeted for general availability in the second quarter of 2015. There are no price changes.
About Bit9 + Carbon Black
Bit9 + Carbon Black provides the most complete solution against advanced threats that target organizations’ endpoints and servers, making it easier to see—and immediately stop—those threats. The company enables organizations to arm their endpoints by combining continuous, real-time visibility into what’s happening on every computer; real-time signature-less threat detection; incident response that combines a recorded history with live remediation; and prevention that is proactive and customizable. More than 1,000 organizations worldwide—from Fortune 100 companies to small enterprises—use Bit9 + Carbon Black to increase security, reduce operational costs and improve compliance. Leading managed security service providers (MSSP) and incident response (IR) companies have made Bit9 + Carbon Black a core component of their detection and response services.
Bit9 and Carbon Black are registered trademarks of Bit9, Inc. All other company or product names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.