Carbon Black Training Agreement
This Training Agreement (“Training Agreement”) defines the training services (“Training”) which Carbon Black, Inc. (“Carbon Black”) shall provide to the customer (“Customer”) in accordance with an order from Customer for such Training for the licensed Carbon Black software (“Software”).
- Payments. All payments shall be made to Carbon Black, Inc. pursuant to the terms and conditions applicable to such payments.
- 1.1 Fees Fees for Training shall be set forth in the applicable order (the “Fees”). Fees are payable upon receipt of invoice, regardless of when the training seat is used.
- 1.2 Carbon Black T&E In the case of private on-site training, the Customer is responsible for Carbon Black travel and expenses associated with the training event.
- 1.3 Customer T&E Carbon Black will not be responsible for Customer travel and entertainment costs, including but not limited to transportation tickets, hotel charges, car rental costs, or other reservations or expenses made by the Customer.
- 1.4 Refunds and Expiration. Carbon Black has a no-refund policy on training seats. Training seats not used within 12 month of Carbon Black’s receipt of the Order shall automatically expire without notice.
- 1.5 No Shows Any registrant who fails to appear for a Course without cancelling as described in section 7, or arranging to send a substitute as described in section 4.2, will be charged the list price of their training seat.
- Scheduling. The current schedule of available courses (each a “Course”) is on the Carbon Black website at the following URLs: https://www.carbonblack.com/resources/training-carbon-black-enterprise-protection/ and https://www.carbonblack.com/resources/training-carbon-black-enterprise-response/
- 2.1 Session Times. Training for Administrators on Carbon Black Enterprise Protection runs for two (2) days. Training for Team Members on Carbon Black Enterprise Protection runs for one (1) day. All Training courses for Carbon Black Enterprise Response each run for one (1) day.
- 2.2 Alternate Time Zones. Customers who cannot attend Carbon Black’s current offerings may email firstname.lastname@example.org with specifics of alternative time zone requests which will be assessed for viability.
- Registrations. Course registrations are per person.
- 3.1 Qualification Prior to registering for a Course, a Customer must have executed an order for Training. Any Customer who registers without having placed an order will receive an email reminder that the requirement must be met at least five (5) calendar days prior to the scheduled Course. Without the order in place, the registration will not be confirmed.
- 3.2 Required DataTo register, the following data must be provided at least five (5) calendar days prior to the Course. If this data is not provided, the registration will not be confirmed and will be moved to the next event of the same type in the training calendar.
- First Name, Last Name, Email Address
- Company Name, Title
- Office Phone Number
- Alternate Phone Number (usually a cell phone where the Customer can be reached on the first day of training)
- 3.3 Process All registrations must be made by the Customer Carbon Black’s website at the following URLs: https://www.carbonblack.com/resources/training/carbon-black-enterprise-protection/ and https://www.carbonblack.com/resources/training-carbon-black-enterprise-response/. Any Customer who does not register through the website will not receive session materials or training information. Tentative seats requested by a Carbon Black associate on behalf of a Customer are not considered registered until the Customer completes the online registration.
- 3.4 Waitlisting A Customer wishing to register for a Course that is full should email email@example.com to request to be waitlisted for the Course. Only qualified registrants may be waitlisted. Any such Customer should be prepared to attend the Course should a seat become available.
- 3.5 Confirmation Course registrations are confirmed in an email to the registrant no later than five (5) calendar days prior to the beginning of each Course.
- Attendance. Attendees who arrive late or must leave early will do so at their own discretion, and material covered during their absence will be covered at the Course facilitator’s discretion, without an impact to other session participants. Excessive absence will be reported to the Customer contact. Should circumstances arise where a Customer misses significant time early in a Course, the Customer will be asked to reschedule and attend a later Course.
- 4.1 Virtual Course Seats. Virtual Courses may not be shared with additional persons. Should Carbon Black determine that a participant has shared a virtual Course seat with additional attendees, the Customer will be billed 100% of the registration fee (List Price) for each additional attendee.
- 4.2 Alternate Attendees. Customer may substitute registered Course attendee(s) without charge. All substitutions must be made no later than four (4) calendar days prior to the beginning of each Course, and the substitute registrant must register online as detailed in Section 3.3. Substitutions that do not fulfill these requirements will be considered to be a no-show.
- 4.3 Certificates. A Customer who attend a Course to the satisfaction of the Course facilitator will be issues a Certificate of Attendance, upon request. This certificate will be specific to the version of Carbon Black software used in the course and will be dated to reflect the dates of the Course.
- Physical Requirements. Participants are required to have access to the following hardware and software for use during the Course.
- 5.1 Virtual Courses. For a virtual Course, the Customer will receive access to a CloudShare Training Environment at least three (3) days prior to the Course. The Customer is responsible for ensuring they can access the CloudShare Training Environment prior to the Course.
- 5.2 In-Person Courses. For an in-person Course, the Customer’s computer should be a laptop that they can easily bring to the training location. Extra paper, post-its, and writing utensils are also recommended for notes.
- Materials. Participants are required to have access to the following hardware and software for use during the Course.
- 6.1 Confidentiality. Any materials distributed electronically to participants or viewed, accessed, or downloaded online while participating in a Course are confidential information of Carbon Black; such materials are for the exclusive use of the registered participant only and shall not be altered, copied, captured, recorded or distributed.
- 6.2 Printing. Customers are responsible for the printing of materials prior to the event if they wish to use hard-copies for reference during training. Any such printed copies are confidential information of Carbon Black, are for the exclusive use of the registered participant only and shall not be altered, copied, or distributed.
- 7.1 Credited Cancellations Customer requests for registration cancellation from a public Course received by firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 pm EST five (5) calendar days prior to Course start date will receive a full credit toward another Course. This credit will be valid per the terms of the original credit and will not be extended.
- 7.2 Uncredited Cancellations Customer requests for registration cancellation from a public Course received by email@example.com after 5:00 pm EST five (5) calendar days prior to the Course start date and no-shows will be billed 100% of the list price; waivers and discounts are not applicable toward late cancellation fee.
- 7.3 Private Course Cancellations Once a private training date has been confirmed, Customer requests for private Course cancellation received by firstname.lastname@example.org after 5:00 pm EST three (3) weeks prior to the Course start date will be billed 50% of the list price and any non-reimbursable travel expenses already incurred by Carbon Black. Waivers and discounts are not applicable toward late cancellation fee.
- 7.4 Carbon Black Cancellations Carbon Black reserves the right to cancel any Course due to insufficient enrollment. Notice will be given to Customer at least three (3) days prior the start date of a virtual Course start date or fourteen (14) days prior to the start of an in-person Course start date. In the event of cancellation by Carbon Black, the Customer will receive a full credit toward another Course within twelve (12) months. After twelve (12) months, any credit taken will no longer be considered valid.
The timeframe of three (3) days prior shall be understood to mean 5:00 pm Eastern Daylight/Standard Time three (3) days before the first day of the Course. For a Course slated to start on the 9th of a month, three (3) days prior would mean 5:00 pm Eastern Daylight/Standard Time on the 6th of that month.