- on our Site;
- through your use of the Site;
- in e-mail and other electronic messages between you and the Site; and
- if/when you interact with our advertising on third-party websites, if that advertising links to our Site.
Please note that this Policy does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or
- any third party for it or its other partners’ benefit, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may be linked to, or be accessible from, the Site.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us. We encourage all visitors to register with Carbon Black. Registration is not required, except for access to our premium content areas. The registration form requires users to give us the following User Information:
- The user’s first and last name
- The user’s company
- A valid telephone number for the user
- A valid e-mail address for the user
- The state or province in which the user is located
- The country in which the user is located
In the event that you contact us for customer support through the Site, we may also request that you provide additional User Information relevant to the support requested by you. Users are under no obligation to provide such information. However, we cannot guarantee that we can provide customer support in the event that relevant information related to the use of our products or services is withheld.
In the event that you decide to participate in any of our user forums, such as our “Customer eXchange”, any personal, private and/or confidential information that you elect to disclose to other users on the forum shall be disclosed at your own risk. Such disclosures shall not be considered User Information, and we are not responsible for maintaining the security of any information so disclosed. Please see the Terms and Conditions for Customer eXchange posted on that forum.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including: Cookies, user data for sales tools, tracking codes in coordination with offers made on social media sites, and visitor IP addresses and domain names for reporting and site usage analysis. This information is reported internally and then purged periodically.
III. How We Use User Information. User Information may be compiled into user profiles that are maintained by Carbon Black (or by third party services used by Carbon Black to manage customer information), and may be used for the following purposes:
- To send you information about Carbon Black, product updates, special offers, and newsletters
- To provide customer support for Carbon Black products and services
- To initiate or to respond to a subpoena, investigative demand, or other discovery request that is properly served pursuant to state or federal law
- To take actions necessary to protect and/or to defend Carbon Black’s rights and property (including intellectual property)
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site
To contractors, service providers and other third party service providers that we use to manage customer information and support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
Third parties with whom we partner to enhance the products or services that we provide
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Carbon Black’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Carbon Black about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
User Information will only be shared with assurances from such third party that it (1) will not use or disclose User Information for purposes of solicitation or direct marketing, and (2) will keep User Information secure using methods comparable to, or more secure than, the security methods used by Carbon Black. To the extent that you provide User Information to us concerning third parties, including information regarding your company, that information will be subject to the same conditions as set forth above.
In addition, we may share User Information with:
- Government agencies (including courts and law enforcement agencies)
- Parties to civil or criminal litigation or arbitration (including arbitrators and/or mediators involved in litigation or arbitration)
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Carbon Black, our customers or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection
- Right to Review, Correct and Delete User Information. If you provide us with User Information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the User Information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in User Information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your User Information not be used to contact you
- To request that your User Information be removed from any internal solicitation list that we use
- To request that your User Information be deleted from our records
- To opt-out of being solicited by this Site or third parties
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Security Measures. No method of safeguarding information is 100% secure. We have implemented and will maintain appropriate policies, procedures, and technical safeguards to protect User Information from unauthorized and improper access, use, disclosure, modification, and destruction. The safety and security of your User Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
VIII. Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request a notice from us describing which categories of personal information we have shared with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes within the last calendar year, and the name and address of such parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please send an email to email@example.com with “California Privacy Rights Request” in the subject line.
- Children Under the Age of 13. Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features/register on the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: January 25, 2016